6 Secret tips to the best curly selfie!
It’s wash day and you’ve got gorgeous curls you want to show off to the world! Not sure how to master that curly-girl-selfie? Follow these handy tips and get snapping!
- Always use natural light, because the sun kisses your hair like no other. Face the sunlight for the best exposure.
- No one’s face is perfectly symmetrical, which means one side of your face may look better in selfies than the other side. Figure out which is your best side, and use it!
- Try a few different facial expressions. Laughing always looks beautiful! Remember that trying to be too sexy in your selfies doesn’t come across as well as true happiness does.
- Pick a good angle. Holding your cell phone too high or too low can distort your face.
- Create volume by fluffing out the roots with your fingers or an afro pick. Remember your hair has to be 100% dry before doing this.
- When editing your selfie on Instagram, play with the contrast, brightness and vignette individually, before you consider using a filter. You might decide you don’t even want to use a filter because you look so good!
We love seeing your pics on our social media platforms! Send us your gorgeous curly hair selfies, tag us and #JourneyToCurly, so we can share in your glory!
We found this awesome video on how to take the perfect curly hair selfie!
IntrinsiCurly Me is a proudly South African hair care brand that has products made specifically for wavy, curly and coily hair, celebrating the gorgeous curls you never knew you had!