For Curlies Using Our Products
For The First Time
So, before you can begin using IntrinsiCurly Me, you will need to remove all build up from silicones and waxes which may already exist on your hair.
We call this the IntrinsiCurly Me "Clean Slate Method.
- Premix ONE (1) part apple cider vinegar to FOUR (4) parts water in a bottle.
- Start by wetting your hair, making sure that it is sopping wet.
- Squeeze approximately ONE (1) tablespoon of Come Clean Gentle Cleanser or Mint To Be Peppermint Cowash in your hands.
- Add HALF (1/2) to ONE (1) teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda to the Come Clean Gentle Cleanser or Mint To Be Peppermint Cowash.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and hair.
- Massage your scalp with your finger pads in a circular motion.
- Move the product through your hair from the roots to the ends using a "milking" motion.
- If you feel you need more products first add more water and emulsify. Continues the "milking" technique moving from your roots to your ends.
- Add more water the minute you feel your hair is getting dry, it is important for your hair to be sopping wet at all times.
- Make sure you have spread the cleanser all over your hair, right to the ends. You'll notice the cleanser doesn't foam at all, this is totally normal.
- Massage the product into your hair making sure to really get your scalp clean.
- Make sure to wash your hair for at least TWO (2) to THREE (3) minutes so that you can remove all dirt and build up.
- You can now rinse the product out of your hair with clean water.
- Now rinse your hair with the Apple Cider Vinegar pre mix and leave this on for about a ONE (1) or TWO (2) minutes and rinse out completely.
- Condition using the One & Only Creamy Conditioner (Follow from Step 2 in the IntrinsiCurly Me "3 Step" Method).
This process is only done ONCE on the first wash and SHOULD NOT be repeated. For more information on our general washing, conditioning and styling techniques AFTER you completed the IntrinsiCurly ME "Clean Slate" Method follow the link below at the end of this method.